195o's inspired african print lover

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Lots and Lots for us to do

I am always in a quandary when I write this because I want to tell you about things I been to but I also want to share with you thing that are coming up so today I am going to do a bit of both here we go!

I have been doing a bit of snooping around recently trying to scope out the best markets to do this Christmas because this year things are different. In the past my efforts would all be aimed at a spending spree this time they are all aimed at a selling spree. Oh yes its time to make a bit of cash and sell of the piles of hats earrings pj's children's clothes and other bits and bobs that are now starting to take over my studio.
I have decided that I am going to go with Brick Lanes Sunday up Market (date tbc) and possibly one Greenwich Market before Christmas. I quite fancy myself as a market trader I defiantly have the gob for it and the love of tea! You will all be the first to know when I get a date so you can start saving to come and spend all your hard earned cashola with me.

While I was hunting around I also came across a little craft market in Islington.....now the PDF wont load up so here is the link to the page if you fancy it? http://www.islington.gov.uk/leisure/ArtsAndEntertainment/553.asp

OOOOOH and while we are on the subject of craft I went last week to the launch of Victoria Woodcrofts new book 'The State of Craft'. The event took place in rough trade record store in east London. The organisers had set up little stalls where you could make a moustache print a bag or make a headdress. But most excitingly we got to have a peek at the book itself. It looks great with lots and lots of fun ideas you can try out! And its on Amazon!

So I made it to one book launch but last  night I missed out on another. After a day form hell where it seems I did not bother to pick up my brain before I left the house I did not make it to the launch of 'New African Fashion' by Helen Jennings. I was really looking forward to it too! Helen is the Editor in Chief of ARISE magazine putting her in a perfect position to put together some of the great designers in Africa today. I haven't seen it myself yet but it is defiantly on my Christmas wish list!



Oh what else what else. If your in London and you fancy a bit of music......


Or some Art....

SOCIAL SPACE

Robert Rush   David Cyrus Smith   David Treloar   David Ben White
Curated by Emma Jamieson
11/11/11 - 23/12/11
Private View: Thursday 10th November 2011, 6pm - 9pm
 
you can have a peek here http://www.thefort.info/
 
 

Erm I think I have said enough for one day so I will leave you alone for now until tomorrow xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment