195o's inspired african print lover

Thursday 14 April 2011

I Can Make Shoes



Well believe it or not now I really can make shoes..... well sandals at least all thanks to a rather lovely lady, Amanda.
I went along to one of her sandal making workshops on Saturday.
The sun was shining as made my way to her  studio in Olympic house in stoke newington and I was in the mood for making. My workstation was laid out beautifully with my soles and my little name place. Amanda ran through the details and what we needed to get through and after picking out my fabric I was on my way.

It was really nice being part of a small group, we could share ideas and help each other out. I felt relaxed and comfortable and totally at home!
Before I knew it I had my very own pair of sandals I cant wait to wear them on sunny days I think they might be the most comfortable sandals in the world ever and I'm not just saying that because I made them!!!!


I also found out she runs a 3 day shoe making course so i think i might have to save my pennys and get along to it!


If you want to head down there yourself check out her website icanmakeshoes



No comments:

Post a Comment