195o's inspired african print lover

Thursday 30 June 2011

Chico and Rita


I feel like I am so late on this but better late than never they say???
After going to Cuba last Christmas I totally fell in love with the place. It was beautiful the people were kind and the food and architecture blew my mind. I would go back in a hart beat. Watching Chico and Rita took me right back to the center of Havana but to a different time a time where it was in the height of its popularity. The Havana you see now has a different kind of beauty you feel like you are discovering a forgotten land. The music is in the air, I feel like the film really captured this. I don't want to give to much away but I smiled I cried and I  was spellbound by its difficult love affair. There were times i forgot i was watching a cartoon as I was so entranced by the deeply human emotions. In short I would recommend this film to anyone. The directors Tono ErrandoJavier Mariscal should be so proud of this beautiful film.





PS I think I want to be Rita she is so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment