195o's inspired african print lover

Thursday 9 June 2011

The man and the legend Yohji Yamamoto



A few weekends ago I went to the V&A to see the Yohji Yamamoto exhibition with Miss Jazz.
W e had the perfect day laid out Fashion Food Burlesque and cocktails. Pretty much all of the best things in my world! I even managed to squeeze in a macaroon.

Anyway enough about my belly......the show at the V&A was beautiful you could even touch things! I know I couldn't believe it either me and Miss Jazz were in our element. peeking at the seams and Miss Jazz even going so far as to lie on the floor to take a peek up one of the skirts. I looked away at this point and pretended I did not know her!
For those of you that wont get to see it I thought I would share some images with you.



A beautiful image.

What really struck me about Yohji was the simplicity but ultimate beauty of his clothes. The clean lines and use of some of the most simple fabrics.


I am hoping it might be catching, so i have decided to look at his picture and give him a wink everyday until some of his magic rubs off!

No comments:

Post a Comment